Big Wolfire fan asking for some support from forum

Anything else
MightyWarriorEX

Big Wolfire fan asking for some support from forum

Post by MightyWarriorEX » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:59 am

Hello everyone! I've been a huge fan of wolfire for a long time now. I think I've played everything from Lugaru and Black Shades to pre-ordering Overgrowth. I even used to help with the Overt Ops in the Secret Preorder forum!

I hope you guys wont view this as spam but, I'm asking for some help.

I'm currently going to school and studying engineering but in my free time I've always wanted to make youtube videos. I went to a big YouTube convention (Playlist Live) recently and I've finally started posting videos (only two so far).

I'm hoping to have some form of video up every week over the weekend (it'll be hard until summer starts).

But I figured I'd come ask some of my favorite people for support. I don't come to the forums much anymore because I just watch the videos and read the blogs, but any support you guys could give me would be fantastic.

Here's the link to my youtube account: http://YouTube.com/AndrewKLloyd

If you watch the videos, you're helping. If you like them and really want to help, Subscribing and Favorite-ing the videos helps us even more.

And of course let us know what you think of the videos in the comments and let us know you saw this post and came from the wolfire forums! Definitely mention Wolfire so they get support and benefit from your views as well!

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your help!

zoidberg rules

Re: Big Wolfire fan asking for some support from forum

Post by zoidberg rules » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:58 pm

Is it possible to PM me a tab for that song- Oh wait, PMs don't exist anymore do they?... Hmmmm... Anyway, I'll fave the vids, not that it'll do me much good, since i have no vid uploads myself, so nobody will probably even bother with my cha- Oh dear, it appears I have started ranting again...

Anyway, liking it so far! Good luck with future vids!

EDIT: Funnily enough, I'm also studying Engineering, although, I doubt I'm studying at your level... Anyway, just to throw that one out there... :lol:

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:35 pm

Hey, those are a couple of real nice videos! You're very charismatic and you just are good in front of the camera. You have my sub! :)

MightyWarriorEX

Post by MightyWarriorEX » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:44 pm

zoidberg rules wrote:Is it possible to PM me a tab for that song- Oh wait, PMs don't exist anymore do they?... Hmmmm... Anyway, I'll fave the vids, not that it'll do me much good, since i have no vid uploads myself, so nobody will probably even bother with my cha- Oh dear, it appears I have started ranting again...

Anyway, liking it so far! Good luck with future vids!

EDIT: Funnily enough, I'm also studying Engineering, although, I doubt I'm studying at your level... Anyway, just to throw that one out there... :lol:
Glad to meet another engineering student! I'm studying Civil (probably transportation) but plan to do a masters in engineering management systems. I'll ask Luis if he can write up some tabs. Do you mean the random no Chord song that he played?
Silverfish wrote:Hey, those are a couple of real nice videos! You're very charismatic and you just are good in front of the camera. You have my sub! :)
Thanks for the support! I'm so thankful to everyone who's been supportive. It's so difficult to get started!

I've had a number of friends at school be supportive, but it means a lot more to have support from other people who could just as easily tell me it's horrible.

Hopefully we'll be able to keep to the weekly deadline! If you guys have any tips or suggestions let us know. We've had a couple requests for a ninja fight (not sure why, but there were multiple requests lol)

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:56 pm

MightyWarriorEX wrote:Do you mean the random no Chord song that he played?
Indeed I do!

MightyWarriorEX

Post by MightyWarriorEX » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:03 pm

zoidberg rules wrote:
MightyWarriorEX wrote:Do you mean the random no Chord song that he played?
Indeed I do!
lol I'll have to tell him ASAP. I almost didn't put that in there because I sounded/looked so ridiculous. I actually started out wanting to pursue music (voice) but went with engineering and figured I'd have music as a hobby ... with engineering hobbies aren't really easy to maintain lol

zoidberg rules

Post by zoidberg rules » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:05 am

Haha that's the way I figure it, I'm taking engineering so I have a career whist I'm trying to get into acting or something of the sort, anyway, enough of this board talking which should be in a PM, when's your next vid?! :lol:

MightyWarriorEX

Post by MightyWarriorEX » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:05 pm

The new video is up! Lots of ridiculous cuts ... I asked Luis about the tabs and he said he wasn't even sure what he played because he was using a capo.

What happened to PM's? Are they really gone?

Do you guys think it would be appropriate to post the youtube link in the secret preorder forum as well?

I know I never really checked any of the other forums but that one after I placed my preorder. Maybe someone else could post it (please) for me so I wouldn't feel like I was whoring out the wolfire forums lol

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:31 am

Mr. Warrior, you are in the randomness forum. Here you can post whatever man! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wER4mgS7Jv8

MightyWarriorEX

Post by MightyWarriorEX » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:06 am

I finally posted my fourth video. Classes have been crazy leading up to summer. Played around with the green screen some at the beginning.

Let me know what you guys think. I think Luis and I are going to have a lot more material over summer ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBuFAF5FM54

If anyone is from the Tampa Florida area. Let me know. I think Luis and I are going to try our luck with some skits sometime also.

*Edit: I just realized that posting this on the Wolfire Forums is helping bring traffic to the videos.

On my third video I received 7 hits from Wolfire alone. I wonder how many more views I could get if I knew more forums that would consider viewing and helping out a friend. Anyway, thank you to those of you who have commented/favorited/thumbs uped or even just viewed the videos!

I'm really enjoying making these and playing around with the video editing. I have lots more planned for the summer as well!

-Andrew

MightyWarriorEX

Post by MightyWarriorEX » Thu May 19, 2011 12:02 am

Hey guys! I put up a new video. It looks like it's in desperate need for some views. Do any of you have ideas on how to promote videos to the internet community?

If any of you would be willing to pass it around it would be a huge help! Thanks!

I will (hopefully) be posting another video tomorrow! I'm going to do my best to post a daily video over the summer!

http://YouTube.com/AndrewKLloyd

Also, if anyone wants to help out with graphics or anything else, feel free to send me something!