next alpha/beta????

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
DaynjaDog

Re: next alpha/beta????

Post by DaynjaDog » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:39 am

EPR89 wrote:As alway: it will be released when it's done.

If you want to see what they are working on, follow David's twitter account. He releases news fairly often.
https://twitter.com/Wolfire
What is your profile pic? It looks like a guy holding a knife up in the air to me.., :D

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:40 am

DaynjaDog wrote:
EPR89 wrote:As alway: it will be released when it's done.

If you want to see what they are working on, follow David's twitter account. He releases news fairly often.
https://twitter.com/Wolfire
What is your profile pic? It looks like a guy holding a knife up in the air to me.., :D
It's the wallpaper version of this piece of art

combined with an X-ray of my disfigured spine. I keep that X-ray around me at all times as a reminder for me to never stop working out. Once my muscles become too weak to support my spine, the bends will become worse and I will get serious problems once I'm older.
Also, I think it looks cool. There aren't many people with a spine like mine.

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:33 am

Cool.

Sorry about your spine, but good it keeps you motivated.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:18 am

Sehiro wrote:Cool.

Sorry about your spine, but good it keeps you motivated.
It doesn't really hinder me much. I'm a bit less mobile in my upper body and my core isn't as strong as it probably could be because some muscle attachment points are asymmetrical. But the vertebrae themselves are not rotated, which usually happens with scoliosis, and my legs are the same length, although my hip is not symmetrical. If that was the case, in addition to the bend I have right now, I would probably have to consider surgery. Essentially, they brace your spine with metal rods. With those things in my back I could probably forget about entering the ring at some point. So I'm lucky in that regard.
What really bothers me is that no one knows what caused it. Officially the reason is idiopathic, which is medical speak for: "At some point it was simply there. For no particular reason." Had it been discovered when I was younger it could have been treated with a sort of corset. A friend of mine had this done in her childhood. She had a slightly more pronounced bend in her lumbar spine and now it is almost straight and she has no pain. The things with these corsets is that they only work as long as you are still growing. It counteracts the asymmetry in your upper body and can lead to great results if you combine it with regular training. It's really inconvenient, though, and since you have to wear it during the day (i.e. at school) and school children are cruel bastards it could potentially lead to some really unpleasant experiences if you don't happen to be the most popular guy. I'm exaggerating. With my friend, most people just wanted to know what that badass cyber suit was for. The perks of being an incredibly cute girl.
In my case it was discovered during a routine check-up when I was nineteen. A bit too late for that. So now I have to make my muscles do the work that my spine can't. It's a good excuse for dragging your sorry arse into the gym on a rainy day. And my doc has told me that I should probably not get a job that requires me to sit around all day. So it's also a good excuse for getting a cool job that won't have you wither away in a boring office.
Okay, I fucked up there. As a teacher I will spend a huge amount of time on reddit - I mean at my desk, even when one of my subjects will be sports.
And I started dancing because of it because in dancing (especially International Standard and Latin) proper posture is really important. And there I got to know the girl I am currently having a major crush on.

tl;dr:
It could be worse. If I do get problems with it later in life, I'll only have myself to blame. Right now, this health concern is ironically the main reason why I am in shape and what made me try the sports I am currently active in. I quit Tennis and started with Muay Thai and dancing. And both are amazing.
Last edited by EPR89 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Thanks for sharing that!

I'd just like to add that dancing is also something you can continue to old age, and there might be some martial art forms that you can keep doing up to old age.

So yeah, stay positive! It's cool how you've managed to turn a bad situation into a good thing (so far), lets hope it stays that way. :D

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:34 pm

Even though what EPR89 shared is seriously awesome, this thread got derailed hard.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:01 pm

Dammasta wrote:Even though what EPR89 shared is seriously awesome, this thread got derailed hard.
What confuses me about this is that rodeje was the one who started it. But some time ago rodeje told someone else to be patient about the update times.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Threads like these are bound to be derailed hard in no time.

There is no update schedule. As soon as someone says: "When it's done," or any variation of it, the thread might just as well get locked. There's nothing else to say.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:45 pm

Retarded Username wrote:
Dammasta wrote:Even though what EPR89 shared is seriously awesome, this thread got derailed hard.
What confuses me about this is that rodeje was the one who started it. But some time ago rodeje told someone else to be patient about the update times.
i know but some time ago i was more patient and i was curious if someone actually knew what they are doing right now. (i check @wolfire on twitter)

bayc

Post by bayc » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:03 am

rodeje25 wrote:
Retarded Username wrote:
i know but some time ago i was more patient and i was curious if someone actually knew what they are doing right now. (i check @wolfire on twitter)
I saw something in game. Apparently if you give an A.I. a weapon in it's non dominant hand, it will always switch to it's dominant hand. This looks like dual wielding will only work for rapiers (with lots of coding involved if u dont know why only rapiers u can ask me) but if they get disarmed and have another weapon, they will switch. Idk about sheathed weapons/if the player does it auto or manual, and im too lazy to test that anyway.

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:58 am

@EPR89: thanks for telling your story :)

lesley64

Post by lesley64 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:30 am

It is amazing to think that everyone has an story to tell, just like you did. Thank you @EPR89, I think you inspired me for the rest of the day!

Lime_x

Post by Lime_x » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:28 pm

@EPR89 Thank you for sharing your story. Never give up. :)

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:32 am

@epr89 there is some aryuvedic stuff you could do but i do know what exactly but when i get home i'll ask my dad for it.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:04 am

rodeje25 wrote:@epr89 there is some aryuvedic stuff you could do but i do know what exactly but when i get home i'll ask my dad for it.
Ayurveda? I highly doubt that changing my diet will fix a problem with my skeletal and muscle system. The yoga aspect of Ayurveda maybe, but I already train and stretch regularly for Muay Thai and dancing and adjust the exercises a bit to target the imbalances I have.