How did you find out about Overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Lt_Sherpa

Re: How did you find about Overgrowth?

Post by Lt_Sherpa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:36 pm

I don't actually remember how I was linked to the post, but it's one of David's tech posts that got me hooked. It's been about a year of following Overgrowth's progress, but it wasn't until last night that I decided to finally buck up and pre-order.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:38 pm

When I first heard about Overgrowth, it was when a friend mentioned the deal with Unknown Worlds which was taking place, the Overgrowth / Natural Selection 2 deal.

I never found any particular interest in NS2, but I tried a demo of Lugaru, and watched some videos for Overgrowth. The world customization tools was the biggest attraction to me, and I preordered it directly of your website.

Scorpion1122

Post by Scorpion1122 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:49 am

I first found out about overgrowth through moddb. I found it interesting, especially the style and idea behind it (fighting rabbits). At first i didnt do much with it. But because of the regular updates it kept me intersted. I eventually preorderd because i thought to myself... mhh even if this game is in alpha it wil give me something new to play around with every week. And i just know that the finished product wil be awesome. Fighting rabbits, dogs (love dogs), wolves, cats and rats.
Another reason that i bought it is because im a IT student and my next course is gaming. And what a great oppertunity this was, to follow a games developmeant weakly and be able to look around in its scripts and edit it to my liking.

Salvation

Post by Salvation » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:33 am

I got interested in Overgrowth while checking out wolfire after getting steam key for HIB1 (before HIB2) and during christmas time decided to finally preorder.

Venatir

Post by Venatir » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:49 am

From the NS2 bundle.

btw, salvation.
Hi.

aDamn

Post by aDamn » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:20 am

A long time ago, I somehow got my hand on the Overgrowth/Natural Selection 2 promotion video, and then i just had OG in the back of my head. Time went on by, and when I realised that i hadn't purchased a new game for over 3 months, i bought Overgrowth :D

rantzvi

Post by rantzvi » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:38 am

Was looking through ModDB for new mods and saw the game which looked awesome :D

Pavke

Post by Pavke » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:22 am

I first heard about Wolfire back in May when I bought HIB1, been following Wolfire blog and Overgrowth Alfa videos since. Finally, I managed to cash up some prise money that I've won and now I've decided to buy Overgrowth! :D

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:48 pm

I'm one of those long term people, although my forum account doesn't show it... I've actually been playing Lugaru since 2005 (I think from a Mac gaming site), and decided that if they ever made a sequel, I would order right away. A short while after that, the Lugaru 2 blog posts started, and then faded away... I kept my eye on the website periodically, and when they announced Overgrowth, I ordered as soon as possible. :)

(Silverfish... I think I have you beat... Oct. 15, 2008...)

Pablopa99

Post by Pablopa99 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:11 pm

I found the demo for Lugaru in a mac games site like 4 years ago, I loved it, and I searched the name of the company on google, found the blog, followed it for like a year and finally pre-ordered Overgrowth. I see a lot of potential in this company.

T3RR0RH4WK

Post by T3RR0RH4WK » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:30 pm

The first Humble Indie Bundle had come around, went on sale, and passed. I missed that opportunity. I heard that Lugaru was arguably the star of that group of games and so when I finally got to play it, it was at a friend's house on his Steam account. I heard about Overgrowth by finding the weekly alpha changelog videos. I was too impressed to not buy, so getting the money (really, it's hard for me at the moment) and being visually teased by each alpha made me want it more.

I finally got it and I don't regret it. It's amazing to take note of its progress and I can tell this one's going to be over-the-top in every good way imaginable. Plus, helping support independent developers who make great games for not only themselves but their fans gives that win-win sensation.

I'm telling all my friends about it, too. I'd be an asshole to not want to spread this project around. Keep up the awesome work, guys. I can't wait til the finished product.

Lord_Honk

Post by Lord_Honk » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:07 pm

Humble Indie Bundle 2 -> Lugaru as bonus -> saw Overgrowth -> turned "is this worth 30$?" reasoning off -> turned "Do I want to spend 30$ more this month on games?" off-> preordered :D

Can't say it was a mistake, though usually I'm cautious when it comes to preordering indie games, and it isn't the best thing to start a year with half a dozen game purchases :mrgreen:

xpk3

Post by xpk3 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:39 pm

After finding out and buying the Humble Indie Bundle 2 (and getting the first one as well) I went to the devs sites to see what other games they had made. Browsing the Wolfire games list and reading about Overgrowth, I went to the Youtube channel to see Overgrowth in action. I enjoyed Lugaru so much, pre-ordering Overgrowth was pretty much a no brainer.

Mr. Wonko

Post by Mr. Wonko » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:27 pm

I'm not quite sure how I initially found out about overgrowth, but I guess it could've been due to the Humble Indie Bundle and Lugaru HD. That was a long time ago though.

I've been watching its development since then, sometimes more, other times less frequently. Recently got bored and decided to buy it and have a look.

I guess a lot of things factored into that decision, amongst others me being bored, having some money available, currently having a lot of fun with other indie games (mostly minecraft and super meat boy) and ninja rabbit combat. Already liked that in Lugaru, although I could only finish it on easy.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:56 pm

My brother (who I believe found it through a friend) showed me Lugaru a long time ago.

Not long after I heard about Lugaru, posts began appearing for "Lugaru 2". I ended up getting my Overgrowth preorder as a birthday present :P