Subforum Idea

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jacktheawesome

Subforum Idea

Post by Jacktheawesome » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:51 pm

I know there has been a lot of talk about subforums, and it seems like people are pretty split on the idea. However this doesn't really have anything to do with subforums in general, it's just about a random idea I had for one subforum there could be, that I think would really help organization. What if there was a subforum for all of the alpha builds? Sometimes people go back and download the older alphas, which is hard because they get buried under all the other threads. I think it would be nice to have all the alphas in one organized location, where nothing else could get posted.

Unwoundpath

Re: Subforum Idea

Post by Unwoundpath » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:25 pm

I agree, It would organize all the threads, but I think older alphas topics should be locked, as people might post something completely stupid that's fixed in the next alpha. (trust me some people are like that.)

Hale

Post by Hale » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:07 pm

I think a simple "Questions/Bugs" sub-forum would be good. Moderators could move any help topics that were posted in this forum to that as well. I don't know if we really need a sub-forum though, but hey, it couldn't be that bad. I'd almost ask for a modding sub-forum, but I believe it'd get lonely in there.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:58 am

Unwoundpath wrote:I agree, It would organize all the threads, but I think older alphas topics should be locked, as people might post something completely stupid that's fixed in the next alpha. (trust me some people are like that.)
I agree.

Yeah I think as the forum grows, and especially after the game is released, the devs might implement subforums, which I think would be fine at any point as long as they were done well. I just think at this point while we still use the alphas, since no one has really brought it up before, it would at least be nice to have a place to organize the old alphas. Everything could be locked, except like the 3 newest alphas, it would just be a reference point for people who want to download old alphas.