next alpha/beta????

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
rodeje25

next alpha/beta????

Post by rodeje25 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:02 am

does anybody know when or what will be released or will it be a secret or a big su[rise beacause it has been quite a while.

EPR89

Re: next alpha/beta????

Post by EPR89 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:10 pm

As alway: it will be released when it's done.

If you want to see what they are working on, follow David's twitter account. He releases news fairly often.
https://twitter.com/Wolfire

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:30 pm

The next alpha will probably come within the next few weeks/months (hopefully weeks) and the beta is supposedly coming out towards the end of this year. That is subject to change though.

akazi

Post by akazi » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:00 am

You know what I want them to do, after this upcoming update 208 to not release any other official updates until either official beta or until January. *puts flamesuit on* :twisted:

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:52 am

akazi wrote:You know what I want them to do, after this upcoming update 208 to not release any other official updates until either official beta or until January. *puts flamesuit on* :twisted:
Actually I was thinking it would be good if they didn't release alpha 208, waited more and released directly the beta.
I mean, if they release beta I'd gladly wait some more. (Especially given the fact I can't play anyway, mwahahahah)

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:35 am

But you are a preorderer, why have you not played yet?

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:31 am

I haven't bought the game, I asked the devs permission to get into the secret preorder forum to suggest some mods. Which later faded sadly into oblivion...

Have fun checking out. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22328

EDIT: WARNING: That thread is damn huge.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:38 am

Yup, that was a fun project. :)

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Endoperez wrote:was
*quivers*

Jk, it was really funny while it lasted.
It was maybe a bit too ambitious.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm

Sehiro wrote:Jk, it was really funny while it lasted.
It was maybe a bit too ambitious.
A bit, but not by too much.

We couldn't quite get it done before distractions got in the way. It wasn't too far off, but since we didn't get any concrete results fast enough, it was hard to get back to it.

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:15 pm

Endoperez wrote:A bit, but not by too much.

We couldn't quite get it done before distractions got in the way. It wasn't too far off, but since we didn't get any concrete results fast enough, it was hard to get back to it.
Well, I wouldn't say we were that close either, there were some missing essential components. Compromise at halfway there? xD

*thinking*: Or maybe... maybe he said that because he thinks at the project as a part of the work together with the actual coding and designing... Which I don't because... because... because reasons.

Looking at it from now I guess more people and a more efficient communication were probably needed to set it up and finish it right away (couple of months).

BobSnyder

Post by BobSnyder » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:10 pm

Sehiro wrote:
akazi wrote:You know what I want them to do, after this upcoming update 208 to not release any other official updates until either official beta or until January. *puts flamesuit on* :twisted:
Actually I was thinking it would be good if they didn't release alpha 208, waited more and released directly the beta.
I mean, if they release beta I'd gladly wait some more. (Especially given the fact I can't play anyway, mwahahahah)

Yeah I agree. Since they said they were working on the campaign now, they should release that as beta. Gameplay for alpha, and content and any necessary gameplay tweaks in beta.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:58 pm

BobSnyder wrote:Yeah I agree. Since they said they were working on the campaign now, they should release that as beta. Gameplay for alpha, and content and any necessary gameplay tweaks in beta.
There is the danger of letting the community (& the free hype that enables) drift too far, so that the release isn't met with the explosive uproar of jubilation it might be.

I haven't checked the Steam forums, but the official forums have been noticeably slow lately, and they haven't been very active in ages.

BobSnyder

Post by BobSnyder » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:46 pm

Endoperez wrote:
BobSnyder wrote:Yeah I agree. Since they said they were working on the campaign now, they should release that as beta. Gameplay for alpha, and content and any necessary gameplay tweaks in beta.
There is the danger of letting the community (& the free hype that enables) drift too far, so that the release isn't met with the explosive uproar of jubilation it might be.

I haven't checked the Steam forums, but the official forums have been noticeably slow lately, and they haven't been very active in ages.
Yeah you're right. I feel like I'm getting too detached from the game. I wish they would at least just have weekly updates just giving an overview of what they're working on, just so we can have something definite to look forward to reading. Even the twitter page rarely gets used...

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:01 am

They not ded yet.

Vine on twitter about new sneak animation.