Unofficial, alpha 28 weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jeff
Evil Twin

Unofficial, alpha 28 weekly build

Post by Jeff » Tue May 26, 2009 1:10 am

The unofficial, alpha 28 leaked build is here!

A "leaked build" is when John and I literally grab the latest SVN build and package it up for you guys. It has a ton of known bugs, so don't worry if it doesn't work for you. It is not condoned by David, Phillip, and Aubrey, but we want to keep you guys in the loop and give you stuff to play with regularly! Please report bugs in Trac! http://trac.wolfire.net/spf/overgrowth

*NOTE* Please remember that these are unofficial alphas and they do not represent a finished product. They are not even polished builds, just straight up raw development dumps not intended for public consumption.

New in this version: (see blog)

Also, press F to toggle wireframe stuff. Press 8 and 9 to toggle the Rabbot. Press ` for the console. Type Console.help() for the console commands. Press b to spawn a physics box, right click to drag it around. Press r to spawn a ragdoll and F1 for WebKitten.

We are testing out BitTorrent DNA this week! Please let me know how that goes.
Windows: (direct) (torrent) (BitTorrent DNA)
Mac OS X: (direct) (torrent) (BitTorrent DNA)

Subscribe to the dev blog!

Note! No PPC, 10.4 Tiger, or Linux support at the moment -- we are waiting on Google Chrome for these. We are not sure when this will happen.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Re: Unofficial, alpha 28 weekly build

Post by Jeff » Tue May 26, 2009 1:11 am

29 minutes for the upload to finish

Tonjevic

Post by Tonjevic » Tue May 26, 2009 1:41 am

Sweeeeeet.

EDIT: How does one access the new 'Janky Animation Editor UI' ? Presumably the all-in-one item/decal/hotspot editor hasn't been hooked up yet?

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Tue May 26, 2009 3:10 am

Unfortunately this week i'll be unable to test this alpha (having computer issues :( ), but for the record,
how (if possible at all) does one access the text editor, key-press visualization or (though I doubt we can see it) animations editor UI ?

Arch3r

Post by Arch3r » Tue May 26, 2009 5:08 am

Are there any fixes for the framebuffer stuff? It won't load the terrain.
I had it in every alpha so far (I just preordered, only have tried since alpha 26)
Screenshots of the problem:

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... nd&thumb=5
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... y2&thumb=5
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... gz&thumb=5
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... lw&thumb=5
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... zy&thumb=5
It gaves three errors and as result it won't load terrain (and shaders). However with wireframe mode the terrain is visible. Anything I need to install to play Alpha's or do I need to give my computer rig?

matto1990

Post by matto1990 » Tue May 26, 2009 5:46 am

How do we key the keyboard debugger up as I still cant access the console from a UK keyboard layout...

swiftcoder

Post by swiftcoder » Tue May 26, 2009 11:46 am

Jeff wrote:We are testing out BitTorrent DNA this week! Please let me know how that goes.
DNA worked great - ~400 KB/s.

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Tue May 26, 2009 12:06 pm

matto1990 wrote:How do we key the keyboard debugger up as I still cant access the console from a UK keyboard layout...
When you load up OG you'll see a little DOS window in the background. When you push keys it will say what key you pushed in that DOS window...

...on the PC version at least.

Froyok

Post by Froyok » Tue May 26, 2009 4:12 pm

As indicated it to me John, I post my bug concerning the actually version.
( I am the only one to find bugs my god ! :P ) :

1) Rabbot can fly !

When I jump or move on a block, and when I go on edge of the same block, it seems that there is one supplementary edge. I think that it is one concerns of collisions.

2) For know if the block bug is only with the loaded bloc with the level, I duplicad a bloc (to test the edge), and when I press the 8 key to back in rabbot mode, my rabbot was translucent :/ and the bug (1) is still.

[EDIT] New informations about the transluscent rabbot.

A open the desert map, and I duplicate a bloc, but without unselct it, and I go in the rabbot mode, at this moment, my rabbot will be translucent. But when I unselect the bloc, and back in the rabbot mode, the rabbot was not translucent.
I tempted again the same manipulation on this map, but no more bug.

Also, I open the first map, and I tempted the same manipulation, without result too.
But, when my rabbot go on the invisible edge on a block, is fully normal, but when I move the camera on the left (see the screen) my rabbot was translucent.

Sorry, but I was not able to recreate this bug for a new screenshoot.
Last edited by Froyok on Tue May 26, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mykei

Post by Mykei » Tue May 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Would be nice to have more control over the camera for rabbot, maybe using the mouse wheel to zoom in and out? The camera is like a inch away from his ass and it makes testing levels a right pain in the bum.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Tue May 26, 2009 4:40 pm

Mykei wrote:Would be nice to have more control over the camera for rabbot, maybe using the mouse wheel to zoom in and out? The camera is like a inch away from his ass and it makes testing levels a right pain in the bum.
For now use the misc panel's slider to change the angle of the field of view. that will make the camera look like it's futher back at least.

tekn04

Post by tekn04 » Tue May 26, 2009 5:57 pm

Mykei wrote:Would be nice to have more control over the camera for rabbot, maybe using the mouse wheel to zoom in and out? The camera is like a inch away from his ass and it makes testing levels a right pain in the bum.
I see what you did there

Froyok

Post by Froyok » Tue May 26, 2009 6:18 pm

Sorry, I found again my bug, but now I have a video !

->Here (MP4 6Mo)<-

On the video you can view the translucent bug + edge bug with the procedural animation (bug) :)

And I have a new bug with webkitten, when I go on my website, I lost the gui :

[EDIT]
I forgot : I cannot open the console !
On my AZERTY keyboard I don't have the console's key as the QWERTY keyboard.
Normaly, we use the "²" key :

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Tue May 26, 2009 7:02 pm

I would have thought that the keys would be interpreted as the same, no matter what letter the key stands for, since each key is just assigned an int 0-256.

Froyok

Post by Froyok » Tue May 26, 2009 7:43 pm

I meet this problem whith the SDL for my personnal project. The problem is not the key, but the SDL, whatever is the used, basic keyboard it is the qwerty which is used.
I think this problem can be resolved whit the unicode, in SDL the C code for activate this feature is :

Code: Select all

SDL_EnableUNICODE(1);